Friday, July 13, 2012

When the Father speaks......

     The past two months have been filled with some deep thinking on the importance of good friends. After hearing a sermon about friendships and the importance of having good friends, I felt very convicted! So often I don't really think about how important it is for me to make sure I am leading my friends in the right direction. I can tend to think that they take care of themselves and I take care of myself, but we just hang out together...but that is ABSOLUTELY wrong! I need to lead my friends <esp. younger ones> towards my Heavenly Father..in a direction that will benefit them down the road....
     He also spoke to me about being careful with who I hang out with and how they influence me...After being with some people for a long period of time, you tend to become like them...Are my group of friends taking me in the right direction?
     Just some thoughts! But I  challenge you to consider this! Who are your close friends and are they leading you in the right direction? Are you leading your friends in the right direction? It puts a lot of responsibility on those that lead, but it is worth it! Be sold out for Him and challenge others to know Him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment