Thursday, January 10, 2013

.two.thousand.and.thirteen.


This year is going to be amazing…lots of new adventures await!  This long mental list is going to be accomplished and all those dreams for this year will happen.  So, let’s welcome [dun.dun.dun.dun] .two.thousand.and.thirteen.!

 

“Tomorrow is always new with no mistakes in it, yet!”

 

Yes.  Yes.  Reality hit.  There’s no way all of those things would happen just like that!  But the year began with a super twist… :My grand ideas didn’t vanish: until….

 

…That day when everything seemed to go wrong.  First of all I woke up with a cold. L [I thought I just had one not that long ago.] sigh.  I guess .two.thousand.and.thirteen. found its mistakes already!

 

That same day when my imagination traveled millions of miles away to a land where I had instant replays on the moments I treasured most and where I could go back and make different choices when they didn’t turn out magically…and my schoolwork didn’t do itself.

 

That day when I leaned on the big bossy sister side of life. [sigh. When will this little girl ever learn?]

 

Then the thought came to me…what am I doing with all of these feelings?  Why am I letting them ruin my day?  Why am I letting it make my life seem so terrible?  Why do I let my joy fade away based on circumstances? Why? Why? Why?

 

Then His tender voice hit home…Why do you focus on the bad when you have all that I’ve carried you through? 

 

:Hurricane Ivan and the hardships that followed.

:Moving from place to place and all the goodbyes.

:The sleepless nights when wars with the Devil ragged.

:The times when you missed your friends the most.

 

All of these are things of the past and things I’ve carried you through…there are more hard things to come, but your focus should be on Me, not the problems…for without Me, you are nothing!

 

So here I am…a little girl in a big world with a loving Father looking out for me…Each day brings its trials and I continue to learn more of what He wants from me.  [My life. completely surrendered to Him]

 

There are days when I feel like I’ve given Him everything…then He shows me another part that is in the way of our relationship…I’m so glad that I don’t learn/go through everything at once.  I want to give Him praise for everything in my life.  I truly serve a faithful Father!


 

Now you may ask what exciting adventure await?

Well, it goes like this….

My years of school are coming to an end and unfortunately life doesn’t plan out itself…so decisions are at stake!

This coming May my entire family is moving back to the United States of America for an entire year! [deep breath] Reading, PA, here I come!

What this coming year holds for me? I really don’t know...learning to work in a paid environment J…finding my way around a strange ‘home’…and much more…

 

At this point all I can say is, PRAY!

I feel overwhelmed when I think of all that needs to happen between now and then…and the way time has been flying, I don’t really want to know how fast it will make its arrival. All I can do is trust Him!

 

And for now, so long everybody!

RaVonne S. Rhodes

 

1 comment:

  1. Just love your heart and the trustful surrender to the Father that I see in you. I just don't wanna think about you leaving too soon! love ya girl...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete