Tuesday, July 29, 2014

It's when I stop for a second to try to comprehend what's happening in my life that my heart gets heavy & tears run down my face.
My human mind attempts to process life.  But it can't.

My attempts to place my thoughts on paper fail and instead of filling the pages with words, tears scar the lines.
Pictures of people & friends who have brought joy to my life fly through my brain as I think of the day that I will have to say the dreadful goodbye.

Life isn't hopeless, and yet, sometimes it appears that way.
When I look around me & see the wounded hearts of young girls, the skinned up knees of the fatherless children, and the tears of the parents who have lost their children, I thank God that in the midst of pain, I HAVE SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR.
I have Someone. I have a purpose in life.
Without that, it would BE hopeless.  No direction in life.  Nothing to live for.  No comfort in heartbreaking moments.

Why am I questioning God?  Why does life look so bad to me [the child of the One True King]?

I .know. He won't take the pain away.  For me to beg Him to pull it out of my life would be wrong.  He has a reason & a precious plan in mind.  Yes, it is hard & from the ashes He will make something beautiful.

And today I am thankful that there can be joy in the midst of pain because I have a reason to live. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment