Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life As I Know It...

Every day I run into situations that remind me of the differences in everyone's lives.  The way I view life is completely different than any one else because of my life experiences and especially my unique childhood.  Your life is special, just like mine, and I may never fully understand the way you live or view life & that's ok.

every life is special in the Father's eyes.



It's those days when the rain falls & I have no desire to go outside that God teaches me to be thankful.  Raincoats have value.  So much more value when my transportation is a motorcycle.  It's then that I learn to make things fun and exciting even when I don't really want to face the world.


Those moments when we go to the market & eat in hole in the wall places.  Some of our favorite foods have never tasted so good.


The times of road tripping & Minute Maid kept me company.


The time our family crammed into our little van and took a vacation...we used the pool the entire time & enjoyed fun snacks.
{that's how this family vacations}




Friday afternoons spent at a coffee shop doing homework with the brothers.


Those many stops at McDonald's when the restaurant would be overtaken by the bus & you got your regular, all time favorite tradition.  Those were the times memories were made with high school friends.


The memories that flooded your mind as you visited your old MN home.



The instant you realize your Skit Team got first at ISC & all you can do is smile the biggest, cheesiest smile ever because every practice created memories & payed off big time.

When the first snow hit the ground & all I could do was dance around the house for it had been entirely way too long since this child had played outside in a hat, gloves, snow pants, and boots.



That moment when your madre snaps a picture of you and padre all dressed up for a special occasion.


The moment you fell in love with your EBC student & the times you miss her dearly & the only thing you can do is pray that He will protect her life.


Goodbyes & plane rides with your not so favorite food, but you learn to accept it as a way of life in this family.
& those love hate relationships with airports...



The time the little besties matched & the photo became a fave as we got older.


The time I was sick & madre surprised me with a fave hot drink.
& the time I took a selfie with pumpkin because he's just too cute.



The time I decided vanilla yogurt & raspberries were my favorite snack when really I used to make myself sick over yogurt.


The times you hear "fail" over & over and you feel quite stupid.
& the times God gives you answers to your questions..



When your padre takes you on dates or motorcycle rides & you love him because he's your hero & you can't imagine life without him.


The time you wish you were on a bike instead of a car stuck in a traffic jam or the moments of practicing over & over to accomplish the skill of a new instrument.



The memories made at cute little restaurants & the many drinks of coffee...




The times I played with my Grenadian friends & loved life the way it was..



Along with many other experiences....
These are the things that have made my life the way it is.  These are a few of the moments that have shaped me into the person I am today...the strengths & the struggles..they are all because of the experiences...

You, too, have a past..a childhood full of memories.  You, too, have strengths & struggles.  the people around you might seem strange, but we need to see them the way God does.  We don't understand everything, but God does & He loves them in spite of their odds.

My challenge to you is
L O V E the people around you the way H E loves Y O U.

No comments:

Post a Comment