Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Dream + The Seriousness of Life.

As I glanced around the room and saw all those faces of the people I loved, I couldn’t stop the smile coming to my face.  Everything seemed to be going right.
Suddenly a trumpet sounded and time went into slow motion.  Somehow we all knew it was coming and we all knew what it meant.  The Rapture was taking place.  We were all taken away…everyone, that is, except for one friend.  As I was whisked away, I desperately tried to somehow make my friend come along…But I couldn’t….
The dream continued…
In fact, it seemed to be doing an instant replay in a different location, only this time I couldn’t enjoy the moments with friends.  I fought hard.  I knew what was coming and I didn’t want to face it again.
Right before the trumpet sounded, I found myself trying to make it all come to an end.  I wanted my friend to make it along this time.  But I couldn’t.  The trumpet sounded and once again we were all whisked away…everyone, but my friend.
My heart pounded and I shook with fright as I jolted awake.  A dream….it was just a dream.
“Why, God?  Why??  Why would you let me experience that?”

Months later I woke with a startle.  In my mind I knew I was supposed to do something…but what??
This time the dream was a little less personal, but ever so urgent and important.  My mind ran continually…attempting to figure out the reason behind it all.
“God, please show me…”

We have been given the gift of life and for us to live it however we want is downright stupid.  Our lives are so incredibly short + there’s no time to waste.  There are people around you every day.  Some of them may be Christians + others may have never heard of Jesus.  That makes us responsible.
God continually brings these dreams to my mind and with them the seriousness of life.  I don’t think we will ever fully understand.  But we can act wisely.
I know there are days when I make mistakes.  Fact is I do it all the time.  Sadly I wish I could overcome that, but my human strength is too weak to do it on my own. 
My only hope is Jesus.  And He is the Lifeboat.
All of us are on a sinking ship.  Some of us know of the existing Lifeboat.  Others have no idea.  And still more are choosing to believe they will somehow make it without the Rescuer. 
Say your house is burning down… Your neighbor quietly walks to your house and rings the doorbell…waits a few minutes and rings it again.  Finally you realize, so you make your way to the door.  Once you see your neighbor, you begin to chat about life and the everyday occurrences.  After ten minutes of nothing deep, your neighbor attempts the task of informing you of the danger on your second floor.  He beats around the bush until you begin to get the idea.  Suddenly you realize it’s urgent, but by then it’s too late.  Your family is upstairs sleeping and there’s no way for you to get them out safely.  You, yourself, barely make it out alive.
Do you see where I’m going?
You aren’t the one in the house.  That’s the people around you and you don’t have time to waste.    You have the greatest gift of all…a relationship with the Savior of the world.  Do the people you face every day realize that?
Time is running out!  What are you going to do about it?


No comments:

Post a Comment